As 2013 is coming to an end, we enter into a special season, the season of reflection. What worked and didn't work for you this year. In this time of reflection try something new. Go inward and look at things only from your perspective on what worked and didn't work for you this year. Allow the focus to shift off of what part others played in your situations and only see what you contributed. I will give you some tips to make this season of reflection rich and life-changing for you:
1. Start with some inspirational or instrumental music playing in the background. Something soothing and/or music with words that will uplift and inspire you. Praise and Worship music is great also.
2. Pray before you begin your introspection. Let the Spirit guide you in this time. Use this prayer time for intercession, meditation and setting your intentions for what you want to get out of the process. Example- I want to see myself more clearly and learn from the hits and misses and how to make my life better. I want to improve my relationships by seeing what I have contributed to them.
3. Have the Word of God with you during this process. You may feel led to search the Holy Scriptures during this time. Certain scriptures may be illuminated to you for a particular situation. The scriptures will give great insight, revelation and confirmation.
4. Have a journal to write down insights and words of wisdom that may be given to you during this time.
5. Be honest and expect change. Don't allow defensiveness, unforgiveness, anger, shame and guilt keep you from dealing with your core issues.
Allow the healing to reach you for true transformation.
6. End in gratitude. Give thanks for this special time and everything that has transpired this year. The great and the challenging. Let his thankfulness be your praise to God.
Remember, it's not how you start, but how you finish. Finish 2013 stronger, wiser, and with more peace and love. Merry Christmas!
Peace and Blessings- U. L. Muhammad